Announcing: Racketfest 2019
I’m happy to announce that I’m organizing a Racket conference. It’ll be called Racketfest, and it’ll be held at Spielfeld, a coworking/event space in Berlin, on Saturday, March 23, 2019. It’s a one-day event, running from 09:00 to 18:00.
We’ll have two keynote addresses bookending the conference:
- Morning: Shriram Krishnamurthi (Pyret) (title TBA)
- Evening: Tony Garnock-Jones (Syndicate) (title TBA)
After the morning keynote, we’ll have three talks:
- Michael Sperber (DeinProgramm):
The truth about teaching with design recipes
- Ryan Culpepper (
syntax/parse) (title TBA)
- Panicz Godek (grand scheme): FP vs. OOP: Case studies in misunderstanding
The afternoon is dedicated to tutorials:
- Parallel computing using places, by Jörgen Brandt
- Introduction to contracts, by Paulo Matos
- Make a language, by myself
After the tutorials, Tony will give the closing keynote.
Racketfest takes place right after BOBKonf, a delightful one-day event taking place on Friday, March 22, 2019. I was at BOBKonf last year and can highly recommend attending it.
How to register
Discounted (early bird) registration is now open and runs till February 15, 2019. After that, we’ll do normal registration. To register, use this button:
Register for Racketfest
There’s limited space available for us at Spielfeld, so it’s in your interest to register early.